Tuesday 21 January 2020

Addverb Technologies Internship Process

0



Addverb Technologies was established in June 2016 have grown to become the biggest Robotics company of India. Their Robotic solutions help business make their supply chain more flexible, agile and customer centric. A typical day at Addverb involves exploring the limits of hardware and software so as to bring our Robots to Life. It’s expanding aggressively in Europe, Middle-East, Africa and South East-Asia. It’s clients include the likes of Reliance, HUL, Marico, Dabur, Asian Paints, J&J, ITC, Future Group to name a few.


Stage-1


Job Location : Noida
CPI cut-off : Usually 6.5 and above
Branches allowed : ME, ECE, EE
Provision Of PPO : Yes (CTC- 14.19 LPA)


Stage-2

It was an online test of 1:30 hours consisting of 2 sections:-

Section 1

It contains more than one correct type 10 objective questions with +4 for correct answers and -1 for wrong answers.
For ECE/EE Students : It contains questions on communication methods(Uart, I2C, Optical, LAN, Coaxial,etc), sensors(MPU gyro sensor), Industrial and scientific frequency alloted in India, Power efficiency of a device if the rating of the connected devices and their quantities is given, Power-on reset in microcontroller, etc.
For Mech. Students :  It contains questions on core mechanical subjects like SOM, Materials Science, Thermodynamics, Fluids, IC Engines etc. It also contained some Aptitude questions.

Section 2

For ECE/EE Students : It contains 10 subjective type questions with a total marks of 150 having different weightages to different questions. The questions were:-

Q1. What is Fast PWM and Phase Correct PWM? Which is better ?
Q2. What is watchdog timer and what are its uses ?
Q3. Interface 3x5 keypad using minimum number of pins ?
Q4. Write an expression to toggle a pin ? (with only one expression)
Q5. Difference between SPI and I2C ?
Q6. What is ADC ? What is the formula to find its resolution ?
Q7. What is Interrupt and Interrupt latency ?
Q8. What is SPI Communication and what is padding bits in it ?
Q9. Write an algo of a Traffic light signal for a 4 lane road considering that we only have STOP and GO signals as input ?
Q10. Write about (with example):- (a) Synchronous and asynchronous communication. (b) Half Duplex and Full Duplex communication.

For Mech. students : 
It contains 10 subjective type questions with a total marks of 150 having different weightages to different questions. In this section basic numericals from Strength of Materials, automobile engineering, Thermodynamics, IC Engines etc. were covered. Also, few why and what based questions from Machine Design, and materials science were asked. (Benefits: I am from SAE CLUB, I had gained advantage in questions from Automobiles, IC Engines and Machine Design, which are subjects of Third Year)
One question that I remember is - Calculate the Power required for a vehicle of certain mass to move with a certain constant velocity in a cemented road of certain gradient. Given: Frontal Area of vehicle, Coefficient of drag, rolling resistance. 


Stage-3


Interview Experience 1 (For Electronics Profile)


Technical Interview  :-

-> The interview starts with the question to Introduce myself. Then, he asked me about my hobbies and achievements. I had answered both the questions quiet good. 
-> Then, he asked about my favourite Electronics domain subject and why I liked it ? Then, asked about the Full-Adder design. After that, he told me to describe the project written on my CV in detail (It was an Embedded project).
-> He then asked me whether I am doing any project now ? ( I described about some verilog project ). 
-> He then moved to the Embedded system related questions like:-
         (a) New Technologies in Embedded System field ?
         (b) What is SPI ? 
         (c) How you dump a code into atmega 16 ?   
         (d) What does 16 signifies in atmega 16 ? 
         (e) What are the softwares that I had used ? 
         (f)How to interface a keypad with a microcontroller ?

Tips :- Be prepared for the FAQ in the interviews and give your answer confidently. Write the things only that you had done or about which you have good knowledge. They can easily determine whether you had done your project seriously or not. (maybe this was my weak part that was responsible for my rejection) And get through with all the basic knowledge of the Embedded System - they are definitely going to ask you from it.


                                                                                                                      Utsav Yadav                                                                                                                        ECE Batch of 2021

                                                   

Interview Experience 2 (For Mech. Profile)


Technical Interview  :-

-> The very first question that every interviewer ask is 'Tell me about yourself?'. This question is very tricky to answer so I was prepared for answering that question. (Little mistake I had done was I didn't tell him more about hobbies). 
Suggestions: I would suggest to be prepared and practice with your friends to answer this. As from this point you can guide your interview to your strong zone like end your answer with your projects you have done  or subjects you are more confident on.
-> After this question, he looked in my resume (I had a good pointer :), and resume was filled with projects). He then asked me about every projects that I have mentioned. Having multi domain(from electronics to automobiles)  projects in the resume he started asking details on each projects, focusing more on electronics and robotics. He asked me to draw schematic diagram for the robot I build, components used, their specifications and functioning. After that, second project of electronic gear shifter was discussed with complete specifications and functioning of the components, use of EGS. (I was able to answer him satisfactorily, as he was smiling after the answer and his expression were different like that of happy). 
-> After electronics and robotics, my SAE project of GO-Kart was questioned. He asked few questions from ICE engines, how the compression in Diesel Engines increases the temperature while that in air compressor the container tank is cool?
(I got little confused while answering the question).
-> After that my roles in projects were asked and then I was asked to sit outsider and wait for this round results.
The interview lasted for about 30-40 mins.

HR Interview :-

After interviewing all the candidates, students selected for HR round were called. Here in HR round they mostly ask questions related to check whether the candidates has moral quotient, intelligence quotient etc.
-> The very first question she asked was where are you from?, Then Family Background, then Are you comfortable if we send you Chennai for the project ?
Answering such questions is very diplomatic, you don't have to directly agree or disagree on something in HR round interview. I was able to answer it quite satisfactorily.
Tip: Prepare for such few questions from various YouTube videos available.
-> Then, Who is your role model? At first I answered my Sister. She later asked other than from your family, I answered MS Dhoni, she asked why ?
I answered in a very good way, she was quit happy with the answer.
-> After that, final question was Do you believe in Hardworking or Smart working?
This question also have diplomatic answer. After that I was asked to wait outside.

Few moments later I was called in and told about the selection.


                                                                                                                Shishir Agrahari                                                                                                                      ME Batch of 2021

Author Image

About VIKAS JANGID

No comments:

Post a Comment