Sunday 2 February 2020

Wells Fargo Internship Process

0
Wells Fargo Internship Interview questions


Stage-1


CPI cut-off : 5 and above
Branches allowed : All
Job Profile : Analyst
Job Location : Bangalore 
Stipend : 30,000 per month 
Provision of PPO : Yes 


Stage-2


It was an online MCQ based test consisting of 3 sections. The first section was based on Quantitative aptitude and the second had questions from Logical and Verbal reasoning. Both these sections were of about 20 minutes duration and had easy questions. The third section was based on Business Analytics and had around 13-14 questions to be done in 25 minutes. It had 5-6 sets of paragraphs(with 2-3 questions each) which required interpretation of data through graphs and charts and knowledge of basic statistics. This was the section that many found difficult and couldn’t finish in time.
48 students were shortlisted out of total 100-110 for the interviews. 




Stage-3


Technical Interview Round

It was sort of a Technical-cum-HR round as there weren’t any technical questions related to actual data handling(SQL/Python) but only a general discussion about my approach towards problems.
1) First the interviewer made me comfortable by asking general questions about me in small parts rather than an overall “Tell me about yourself”.
2) He asked about the subjects in my branch, my favorite one, any theorem from the subject and its application in industrial processes.
3) More general questions like tell about your strengths and weaknesses, your experience at MNNIT, challenging phase of your life, other behavioural and situational questions. Some I had prepared beforehand, others I had to answer spontaneously.
4) I was handed a problem in which a lot of data was given about 3 types of cars, and asked buying which of them would be most profitable after 5 years. I tried for a few minutes and explained my approach. Then he asked about the assumptions taken, practical utility etc.
5) I was asked a puzzle related to maximizing probability and its related cases. (Such puzzles can be prepared from Geeksforgeeks.)
6) He went through my resume and asked questions from the hobbies section. I had mentioned reading novels so he asked me to summarize my favorite one and asked follow up questions regarding the plot.


Only 10-12 candidates were shortlisted for the final HR round. 




Stage-4


HR Interview Round 

I was the first person to be called in for the HR round. There were 2 interviewers and both appeared very enthusiastic so that eased my nerves and helped me open up.
1) After introducing myself, I was asked about my hometown and what is it known for. Why did you choose this college and branch.
2) What do you know about our company, its operations, kind of jobs and roles. (Listen well in the PPT to answer this).
3) Why do you want to join Wells Fargo, and the analytics/consultancy field in general. What excites you the most about this opportunity.
4) What would you consider before joining a company. I was asked to rank preferentially among money, work culture, work matching my interest and brand name; and asked reason for the same.
5) How would your friends describe you, what makes you different. 
6) Finally I was asked if I had any questions and I asked them how challenging is it to make a transition from college life to corporate life. 



Results:

Finally 7 students (3 CHE, 1 ECE, 1 ME, 1 PIE, 1 CE ) were selected for the analyst intern role at Wells Fargo.



Suggestions/Tips 

1) Focus more on scoring well in the test. For the business analytics section, you can practice DI sets which are asked in CAT exam to develop approach and improve speed.
2) Mention about your coding skills only if you are well versed with it, not just to fill up your resume. Some candidates were grilled about programming questions in the technical round.
3) Prepare well about convincing the interviewer as to why you’re a good fit for an analytics profile, especially if you’re from core branch.


CHE Batch of 2021


Author Image

About Vikas Jangid

No comments:

Post a Comment