Sunday 9 February 2020

Qualcomm Placement Process

0
Qualcomm Placement Interview Questions


Stage-1


Eligibility: 7.5 and above (No active Backlog).
Branches allowed: CSE, IT, ECE, EE
Job Profile: Associate Engineer
Job Location: Bangalore, Hyderabad,Noida
CTC : 23.64 LPA


The whole process comprises of 4 Rounds (Online Test, two Technical Interviews & one HR)


Stage-2


Online Test (3 Sections, 20 Questions each, 30 Min each, +1/-0.25)
1. During Registration, the portal asks for choice among SOFTWARE, HARDWARE & SOFTWARE, HARDWARE. I chose Software.
2. After registration and commencement of test, Aptitude section was put forward first. Simple Questions based on Time & Work, Speed & Distance, profit & loss etc. were asked. Always mark & skip the questions you are not able understand in first few reads, attempt other very simple questions lying randomly in the paper. Practice from IndiaBix as it presents similar level questions. But there would be a puzzle in the aptitude section based on which 5 questions would be asked , if you attempt it correctly in my opinion your chances of clearing the written would increase.
3. Next section was based on Basic C programming. Maximum focus was on Static data members (about 70% Questions). Questions were also asked on other storage classes and array initializers. You should have thorough understanding of structure , union, bitwise operator, structure padding . And please learn that operator precedence table before this exam. Though paper was doable, but complete focus on very few topics made it complex.
4. Before attempting the last section, a choice was given to choose between Electronics, Software and Communication. I chose Software. Questions were asked based on c , c++ , operating system. Geeks quiz of c, c ++ and operating system would be more than enough.



Stage-3


-> Techincal Interview 1 (Approx time : 30-35 minutes)

1. In this round, interviewer was focusing on my academic skills. First of all he gazed over my resume and asked about Antenna , principle on which antenna works and types of antenna.
2. He asked me to write a program to set, clear and toggle the Nth bit of a no.
3. He asked me to write a program to check whether a no is a multiple of 8 or not using bitwise operator ( basically a no is a multiple of 8 when its last three bits are 0).
4. He asked me some questions related to Operating system like what is deadlock, difference between mutex and semaphore, cpu scheduling , what is the significance of volatile keyword in operating system.
5. He asked me to design an algorithm which could be interrupted any time then our system has to respond to that interrupt for a specified amount of time according to the priority of that interrupt. (Initially I was not getting any idea , but after pondering about it for one minute I got an idea and implemented it in which I used using infinite loop , hashing etc).
6. At last he asked me if I am interested to ask any question. To be in a safer side I asked a neutral question "What role is given to New college graduates in Qualcomm ?". He explained me very well. Some more questions were asked but I don’t remember them properly.


-> Technical Interview 2 (Approx time : 45 – Minutes)

1. At the start of the interview he said "We have already judged your software part now let’s see how good you are in your electronics subjects and asked me to write the marks which I got in various subjects like digital electronics, analog electronics , analog communication etc".
2. He asked me to briefly explain frequency modulation and asked how FM is better than AM. He asked me the frequency range of FM and about FM receiever.
3. He asked me Central limit theorem ( when many signals superimpose then the resultant is a Gaussian).
4. He asked me about strictly stationary process and power spectral density.
5. He asked me few basic questions related to digital and analog electronics .
6. Then me asked me about 2G spectrum ghotala case ( actually he wanted to check my general awareness and at the same time he also wanted to see whether I know that mobile companies need to buy the bandwidth for providing services). I knew about this case and answered this question confidently.
7. At last he asked me if I am interested to ask any question. I asked a question "I read an article in which it was written that qualcomm is working on 5G technology , so I asked him when we’ll be able to use this in India?". He explained me very well. Some more questions were asked but I don’t remember them properly.



Stage-4 


HR Round

1. Why you want to join Qualcomm ?
2. Any Workplace preference ?
3. He suggested me not to join this company as they don’t work in MACHINE LEARNING AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, but I told him I am ready to do whatever work the company would ask me to do ( and that’s what whoever wants a job in Qualcomm should say).



Result

I was selected for the full time Associate engineer role at Qualcomm.



Suggestions/Tips:


1. Well I APPLIED FOR SOFTWARE PROFILE BUT THEY ASKED ME QUESTIONS RELATED TO CORE TOO. IN MY OPINION ONLY THOSE STUDENTS WOULD GET SELECTED WHO ARE GOOD IN SOFTWARE AND KNOW THE BASIC THINGS REGARDING OUR(EC) CORE SUBJECTS.
2. Even if you are applying for software profile but still revise digital electronics, analog electronics, analog communication and digital communication.
3. If you are applying for software profile then please remove your software projects related to MACHINE LEARNING AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE.
4. You won’t get selected until and unless you are able to justify your resume ( i.e. make interviewer realize that you have a sound knowledge of whatever has been written in the resume ).
5. Communicate confidently, it doesn’t matter even if you are unable to give answer of one or two questions , maintain a decent eye contact with your interviewer.


Use your 2nd year and 3rd year judiciously. Read standard text-books instead of short notes. Do small conceptual projects each semester as it helps to tackle unexpected problems.
Always remember, Interviewer would expect to-the-point answer when he/she asks something related to academics. It would be the approach that matters in some unexpected problems. Don’t get confined to the topics that are mentioned in the AOI. Sometimes interview is drifted from the topic then knowledge of entire subject become vital.

All the best for your future endeavours !!




ECE Batch of 2K20


Author Image

About Vikas Jangid

No comments:

Post a Comment